Come celebrate the FALL EQUINOX
in a semi-outdoors
An ART IMMERSIONS WEEKEND RETREAT
Friday 22 Noon
Monday 25 after breakfast.
An intimate weekend of:
- Wild Painting exploration from the heart. This is an invitation to:
- Let your hair down and play with the energies moving through and around you.
- Experience painting in the semi-outdoors, under open but covered spaces: The best of both worlds!
- Or even dare to try plein-air painting completely immersed in nature. This is an easy first step with amenities right next to you!
- Celebrating the Equinox in an atmosphere deep relaxation in 28 acres of pristine nature with no neighbors in sight, 50 mile views of forests and a private swimming pool.
- Gourmet Zen VEGAN food.
- Spring water from the land.
This is a real treat for NATURE-LOVER creatives!! Come to:
- CREATE: paint, write, move, be moved, sing, share...
- Experience the joy of painting immersed in nature!
- Relax, rejuvenate, and have FUN all at the same time!
- CONNECT in a nourishing way to self and others.
- In a safe, nurturing and creative environment of like-minded souls.
- CONTEMPLATE, surrounded by quiet, world-class nature.
- The goal is to have fun discovering new ways to express ourselves. We will experiment in a multitude of ways, and explore the dance of opposites and complements.
- We will use other modalities - such as writing, contemplations, and movement - to access deeper emotions and hear our more hidden inner-messages.
- I will offer practices meant as suggestions to try new things.
- You get to choose what you want to paint and what medium to use.
- You choose the amount of guidance you need.
- You bring your favorite mediums and colors (I will make recommendations in the details section. And if you are traveling from far, we can arrange to get you some supplies at an additional cost.)
- First by setting our priorities such as: painting from inspiration, playfulness, and enjoying each step of the process.
- I will share many of the creative tools I have designed during my own development as an artist.
- You will discover how to get into your flow by honoring your inner-child, cultivating a relationship with your muse, and dialoguing with your inner-artist.
- You will also have an opportunity to learn several of the most effective and easy painting techniques I have gathered over time. Including color theory and drawing tips.
- I will give demonstrations and mini-lectures as invitations to expand on your own knowledge.
- As a group, we will consciously define and agree on what would create the safest and most nurturing environment for each of our tender hearts through this shared artistic journey.
- Plenty of free time for self-directed Yoga, meditation, and hikes: 3 mile or 1.5 mile loops available around the property.
- We may even decide to gather in a group meditation here and there.
- We will spend a majority of our time outdoors, with access to the indoors commodities of a private home - including day-time rest.
MORE ABOUT FOOD...
- Gourmet Zen VEGAN meals with a Japanese flair.
- Mostly organic produce, some of it home-grown .
- Smoothies, fresh fruit and a choice of granola, porridge or scones for breakfast.
- Spring water from the land.
- In Humboldt County California. 25-30 minutes from Garberville, at the end of a 5 1/2 mile dirt road.
- Close to the Redwoods. The world's renown "Avenue of the Giants" and other redwood parks are only 10 to 20 minutes from Garberville.
- Near one of the wildest parts of the Pacific Coast! Garberville is 45 minutes from the Lost Coast, Shelter Cove, Needle Rock, etc…
- 30 min from our secret swimming hole in the Mattole river. With a small but powerful water fall.
WHO IS ATTENDING?
- This will be a very intimate group of 6 to 8 guests. A perfect weekend to spend with a partner and/or good friends. BRING SOMEONE you LOVE!
- For all creative-souls who feel a deep longing to play and dive deeper into their creative expression with colors and paint.
- All Artists: Painters, Writers, Musicians, Cooks, Yogis, Dancers, Movement Conscious Beings, Healers, etc... are so so SO WELCOME!
- All who think they are not artists but are tickled by the idea of being one... Please come!!
- It is a great environment and opportunity to bring your own bodywork offerings.
- You come by car/carpool. The property is at the end of a 5 1/2 mile dirt road. No SUV needed, but it's definitely a dirt road with rocks and potholes here and there.
- We may be able to organize or arrange transportation for you from Garberville if you tell us ahead of time.
This event is held mostly outdoors with access to a private home for commodities and day-time rest. This property is located on a hill, so good health is required to climb up and down to the different areas.
- Main lodging is camping around the pool area, or on the decks around the house.
- 2 rooms with double beds available, for an EXTRA $90 per room for 3 nights.
- 1 couch available, for an EXTRA $30 for 3 nights.
- Breakfast from 7:30 - 8:30 AM
- Lunch 12:30 noon
- Afternoon light-snack around 4PM
- Dinner @ 6:30 PM
- Painting instruction:
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- Saturday & Sunday:
10:00 AM - 12:30 noon
2:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- You will be able to paint whenever and for however long you wish inside or outside the schedule. Plenty of time for self-directed Yoga, hikes, swimming-pool...
- $425 includes: painting instruction, meals, swimming-pool, and camping - from Friday noon, until Monday noon.
- Must be paid in full to hold reservation.
- You must bring your own art supplies.
- If you are unable to bring your own supplies: We can arrange for me to get you some supplies for an additional cost PLUS cost of materials. Please specify in your registration email. All to be PAID in FULL 15 days in advance.
- Served Meals:
- Friday: afternoon snack & dinner. (no lunch)
- Saturday & Sunday: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Monday morning: breakfast.
- Full refund 10 days prior.
- No refund if less than 10 day-notice.
Anne Ducrot for Painting and Playing. Find out more under "About Anne."
Naoko Moller for Zen Vegan Food and a complimentary lecture.
Jay Moller for behind the scenes land/water/lodging organization and maintenance.